18 – 19 October 2014
This regatta is intended to promote the skills of OTB sailors competing in large fleet racing.
The regatta will also provide a venue for associations and training squads to bring their members together early in the summer sailing season.
The regatta is open to all Kiteboard, Monohull and Catamaran Off The Beach boats with a listed YV yardstick. All boats shall comply with their current class rules. The fleet includes but not limited to: Optimists, Sabots, Minnows, International Cadets, 125s, 420s, one 470, Contenders, Tasars, OK dinghies, Finns, Lasers of all denominations, 29ers, 49ers, International 14 ft skiffs and Viper class.
- CLICK HERE for 2013 results
- CLICK HERE for weather
- CLICK HERE for Facilities ‘mud map’ detailing class allocation areas
- CLICK HERE for Sail Sandy 2014 Notice of Race
- CLICK HERE for Amendment to Notice of Race
- CLICK HERE for Sail Sandy Entry
- CLICK HERE to view entrants
To be published closer to the event:
- CLICK HERE for Sailing Instructions
Where: Sandringham Yacht Club, Jetty Road, Sandringham
Classes: Open to all Kiteboard, Monohull and Catamaran Off The Beach boats with a listed YV yardstick
Format: 4 races each day
- The Regatta Office is located in the Training Auditorium (number 2 Clubhouse Building Ground Floor – on Site Map, see below) enter via the northern end of the Clubhouse.
- Race Management Briefing Session for all on water personnel at 6.00pm Friday 17 October in the Members’ Lounge. Running sheets will be available a week prior to event date.
- Race Briefing Information Session for all competitors at 10.00am Saturday 18 October in the vicinity of the Training Auditorium.
- Saturday 18 October from 8.00am – 11.00am in the Training Auditorium
- Competitors and officials are to present themselves to the Registration Office on arrival to be issued with their Honorary Membership pass.
- At registration all competitors’ family members/competitor supporters will be issued with a Honorary Membership in the form of a wrist band that needs to be worn at all times whilst on the SYC premises for the duration of the regatta. SYC staff may request to see proof of Honorary membership throughout the regatta. Adults will need photo id at time of issue.
- Honorary membership will be issued on the basis that competitors and officials respect the rules and regulations of SYC Honorary Membership, this privilege may be revoked at any time.
- Parents to sign for all entrants (helmsperson) under the age of 18 years
Boat Drop Off Zone:
- This year’s drop off zone will be via the Clubhouse carpark undercroft. Vehicles will need to head to the northern end of the building where a designated drop off zone will be in effect, please use intercom to gain entry through the boom gate.
- Due to high activity with Farmers Market Saturday morning, we advise dropping off boats on Friday.
- Saturday & Sunday:
- Via the yard …. Boats and trolleys should be unloaded as quickly as possible and are to be moved to the rigging area on the hardstand between the clubhouse and the marina front across towards the OTB complex. No boats or persons are permitted within the Boat Yards Repairs and Maintenance Zone.
Please allow yourself an extra 30 minutes for access to SYC:
- There is a Farmers Market which is held in TreyBit Reserve, on Jetty Road, this event opens to the public at 8.00am
- Jetty Road provides Council [ticketed: 8.00am-8.00pm, $4 per hour, $14 maximum] parking areas. Sailboard Headquarters coffee shop (lawn to beach) at base of Jetty Road shall be available – still allowing tractor access to beach. Guide Scout Water Activities Centre shall have gate along access track open to park trailers only.
- Vehicles and trailers can be relocated to Treybit Reserve from 3.00pm Saturday. Treybit Reserve will be open to all Sail Sandy competitors and spectators from 3.00pm – 8.00pm Saturday and 8.00am-8.00pm Sunday.
- Please note: car parking attendants will be available to assist.
Maps of SYC:
- SYC Site Map: http://www.syc.com.au/wp-content/uploads/SYC_MapLayout-FINAL.jpg
- Yard Map: http://www.syc.com.au/wp-content/uploads/SYC_YardMapA3.pdf
- The Lou Abrahams Off The Beach Sailing Centre provides access to change rooms and toilets. Additional facilities are available at the Ken King Centre. Please do not leave valuables unattended. SYC do have lockers available [first in, first served basis] however you will need to provide your own padlock.
- Members’ Bar & Members’ Lounge:
- Members’ Bar will be open from 11.00am Saturday and from 9.00am Sunday.
- Members’ Lounge from 9.00am Saturday and Sunday.
- Officials may carry out spot checks from time to time. Any boat that does not fully comply with all Class rules and YA Safety Regulations may be subject to protest.
- A Presentation ceremony will be held on the northern podium (number 2 Clubhouse Building Level 1 – on site map) of the main Clubhouse as soon as possible after the last race on Sunday 19 October 2014.